Friday, September 15, 2006

A Short Film

involving Hockey ....of course.


Well, it looks like a hockey film festival is what's taking shape here this weekend at Odd Man Rush. At least that's the direction my inner hockey muse seems to be pointing me... I think. It certainly wasn't planned (nothing around here is) it's just the way things are headed. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow of what "the internets" mysteriously drop at your feet. This seems to be such a time. Plus, I got nothing else to blog about. Anyways, it started the other day with a post of the classic "Hockey Homicide" cartoon and I thought that was that, but today, out of no where (well Minnesota actually) drops this fascinating trailer for the hockey themed short film called.....

Stillwater

I think it's a pretty coool short hockey film/trailer with a classic song and some very, very well shot puck action. And when you think about it, what else do you really need in a movie?
The movie is about a hockey player whose coach helps him realize he must reestablish a relationship with his alcoholic mother before he can expect success on the ice.
First thing I remember was askin papa, why? ,
For there were many things I didnt know.
And daddy always smiled; took me by the hand,
Sayin, someday youll understand
.
Michael James Anderson '03 is the producer for Stillwater, his thesis project for a master's program at Chapman University's Lawrence and Kristina Dodge College of Film and Media Arts near Los Angeles.

More >>> here. (scroll down)
Good job Michael, I give it two thumbs up.

Ok, so now we have a short film to go with the cartoon. We have to have one more to complete the hat trick... the feature.

Any thoughts out there from anyone on what we should finish off this hockey film mini-fest with... _______ ? If not I'll leave it up to the inner hockey muse to make the call. It makes a lot of decisions for me these days and in general seems to be taking over more and more of my life again as we get ever closer to the new season. Soon I'll be totally consumed.

Ahhhh, the bliss.



No comments: