Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hockey Rock

My favorite Hockey tunes in no particular order are...

  • I Wanna Drive the Zamboni - Gear Daddies
  • The Hockey Song - Stompin' Tom Connors
  • The Ballad of Wendel Clark - The Rheostatics
  • Hit Somebody - Warren Zevon
  • 50 Mission Cap - The Tragically Hip
  • ...and finally, the rockin hockey tune used appropriately enough below on this Crosby-Ovechkin-Kessel highlight video, written and performed by the artist many consider to be Canada's Bruce Springsteen.

    Crank it up...



    Big League- Tom Cochrane

    My boy's gonna play in the Big League
    My boy's gonna turn some heads
    My boy's gonna play in the Big League
    My boy's gonna knock 'em dead

    Never can tell what might come down
    Never can tell how much you get
    Just don't know, no you never can tell

    Sometimes at night I can hear the ice crack
    It sounds like thunder and it rips through my back
    Sometimes in the morning I still hear the sound
    Ice meets metal...
    "Can't you drive me down to the Big League?"
    Complete lyrics >>> here.

    Have you got any puck tune favorites ? Let me know and I'll try to find and post them.

    Rock on ...and on.



    No comments: