Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hockey Gone Wild

...first in a continuing series.

The very first hockey game I went to as a kid erupted into a chair throwing spectacle when things got out of hand on the ice. It blew my mind. Even though I've grown to passionately love the sport with all it's other unbelievable aspects of play it's that dangerous balancing act between violent order and violent chaos that has captivated me just as much about the game. No other sport I believe has the raw emotions and passions so close to the surface for both the players and the fans. It's well documented. Let's begin.




This one from Europe really gets out-of-hand at about 1:20 in, just when it appears everything dies down. Then, pretty much hell breaks loose. Which will happen from time to time at hockey games. It's part of the attraction.

No comments: