QUESTION 1: WHO IS THE BEST NATURAL SCORER IN THE NHL?For the complete list go >>> here.
TOP VOTE-GETTER: Alexander Ovechkin (56%).
• Ovechkin burst onto the NHL scene in 2005-06 as part of one of the most talented rookie classes in history. Sports is in this forward's blood -- his mother won two Olympic golds playing hoops for the Soviet Union and his father was a pro soccer player. Ovechkin is known for his physical play and soft hands and he's difficult to knock off the puck.
• OTHER MENTIONS: Ilya Kovalchuk, Thrashers (14%); Jaromir Jagr, Rangers (8%); Marian Hossa, Thrashers (7%); Joe Sakic, Avs (4%); Teemu Selanne, Ducks (3%); Brendan Shanahan, Rangers (3%); Jonathan Cheechoo, Sharks (2%); Sidney Crosby (2%).
QUESTION 2: WHO IS THE TOUGHEST PLAYER IN THE NHL?
TOP VOTE-GETTER: Georges Laraque (56%).
• There was an infamous incident earlier this season when a television mike captured Georges Laraque inviting the Ducks' George Parros to a fight. Not all of his on-ice duels have been that "civil," but Laraque is one of the more feared forwards in the NHL. He has 865 career penalty minutes over eight NHL seasons.
• OTHER MENTIONS: Derek Boogaard, Wild (20%); Donald Brashear, Capitals (9%); Zdeno Chara (4%); Scott Parker, Sharks (2%); Chris Chelios, Red Wings (2%), Colton Orr, Rangers (2%); Jarome Iginla (2%); Chris Neil, Senators (2%); Tomas Holmstrom, Red Wings (1%); Ryan Smyth, Oilers (1%).
QUESTION 3: WHO IS THE BEST COACH IN THE NHL?
TOP VOTE-GETTER: Lindy Ruff (41%).
• Jack Adams Award winners Sabres page
• Lindy Ruff has coached the Buffalo Sabres since the 1997-98 season, but his most successful campaign came in 2005-06. Ruff led the Sabres to a 52-24-6 record and 110 points, both franchise records and a 25-point improvement over the previous season. He won coach of the year honors in 2006, as well.
• OTHER MENTIONS: Randy Carlyle, Ducks (13%); Jacques Lemaire, Wild (10%); Barry Trotz, Predators (7%); Guy Carbonneau, Canadiens (6%); Peter Laviolette, Hurricanes (4%); Dave Lewis, Bruins (4%); Bob Hartley, Thrashers (3%); Ken Hitchcock, Blue Jackets (2%); Marc Crawford, Kings (2%); Dave Tippett, Stars (2%); Wayne Gretzky, Coyotes (2%).
Friday, January 26, 2007
The NHL Players recently filled out a survey for ESPN.com that lists who they think are the best in various aspects of the game.
Posted by Photomas at 8:06 AM